The Mid Essex Alliance is a partnership of many organisations across health, social care and the voluntary sector working together to ensure the population of mid Essex live well.
The population of mid Essex includes people who live in the districts of Braintree and Maldon and the City of Chelmsford.
Existing areas of focus for the the Mid Essex Alliance include: suicide prevention and childhood obesity.
Alliance partners in mid Essex
- Chelmsford CVS
- Maldon CVS
- North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT)
- Chelmsford City Council
- Essex County Council
- Farleigh Hospice
- Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Healthwatch Essex
- HCRG Care Group
- Maldon District Council
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT)
- Braintree District Council
- Nine Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
What we want to achieve
The Mid Essex Alliance is committed to:
Understanding and working with communities
- Developing a deep understanding of local needs
- Connecting and listening to local communities
Joining up and co-ordinating services around people’s needs
- Jointly planning and co-ordinating services
- Driving service transformation
Addressing non-medical factors that affect the health and wellbeing of local people
- Working in partnership to look all the factors that can have an impact on the health of local residents for example, lack of income, inappropriate housing, employment and being able to read and write.
- Strengthening communities and helping to grow community leadership
- Explore opportunities to build the skills, experience and employment of local people to support our health and care organisations
Supporting quality and sustainability of local services
- Making best use of the financial resources to drive improved outcomes for local people
- Supporting local workforce development and opportunities to work differently
- Driving improvement of services, overseeing quality and performance