Stopping smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for your health, but it can be challenging, but it is not impossible. It’s much easier to quit if you get the right support and there are lots of options to choose from.
Here are some things you can do to help you quit smoking in mid and south Essex:
- Speak to your local stop smoking services. They are free, friendly and can massively boost your chances of quitting for good. These services staffed by expert advisers provide a range of proven methods to help you quit. They’ll give you accurate information and advice, as well as professional support, during the first few months you stop smoking.
- Consider using Nicotine Replacement Therapy such as skin patches, chewing gum, inhalators, lozenges, and mouth spray, or e-cigarettes. They can all help to reduce cravings and manage withdrawal symptoms experienced when stopping.
- Set a quit date: Choose a date when you will stop smoking completely. Mark it on your calendar and prepare yourself mentally for the challenge.
- Talk to your GP practice or pharmacy and they can provide you with advice and support and sometimes nicotine replacement treatments, to help you quit smoking. They may also refer you to a smoking cessation program in your area.
- Seek support: Join a support group or ask friends and family to support you through the quitting process.
- Avoid triggers: Identify the situations or activities that trigger your cravings for cigarettes and try to avoid them or find healthier alternatives.
- Keep yourself busy: Find new activities or hobbies to keep yourself occupied and distracted from smoking.
- Stay positive: Quitting smoking is a difficult process, but it is achievable. Stay positive, and remind yourself of the benefits of quitting smoking, such as better health, more money, and a longer life expectancy.
Even if you’ve tried before, maybe more than once, you can still stop. You can take what you’ve already learned to help you reach your goal of becoming an ex-smoker.
Don’t give up; keep trying until you reach your goal.Essex Wellbeing Service Stopping smoking in Southend Stopping smoking in Thurrock
A rage of services are available locally to help you improve your health and wellbeing. Click the link below to find out more and access your local service.Lifestyle Services