Integrated Care Systems bring partner organisations together to:
- Improve outcomes in population health and healthcare.
- Tackle inequalities in outcomes, experience and access.
- Enhance productivity and value for money.
- Help the NHS support broader social and economic development.
In the Joint Forward Plan we set out longer term plans to support how the system in mid and south Essex develops, focusing particularly on:
- Community mobilisation, transformation and resilience.
- System governance.
- Tackling violence and aggression against women and girls.
- Research studies.
- Delegation of service (pharmacy, optometry and dental services).
- Specialised commissioning.
A fundamental next step is to remove traditional barriers between services so people can access the support and care they need from NHS and social care services when they need it. The Integrated Care Board will do this by:
- Developing targeted action plans for all commitments and priorities set out in the plan.
- Creating a detailed dashboard which will show our agreed metrics and outcomes for 2023 to 2028
- Continuing to engage with key people on the implementation of the plan
- Focusing on functions aligned to our commitments and plans in the short to medium term. This will help us to develop a clear map of future actions for the ICB over the next five years.